Tuesday 7 August 2007

Smashing my Personal Bests

Very happy with this session; I smashed my PBs on both the dumbbell bench press and bent-over row.

Also, having checked my BF with calipers, I've lost 1.48%, which means a 1.22kg fat loss and 0.52kg FFM increase.

ExerciseWarmupSet 1Set 2Set 3
Dumbbell Bench Press15×12kg12×26kg10×28kg8×30kg(+25%)
Dumbbell Bent-over Row12×12kg12×24kg10×30kg8×36kg(+10.8%)
Medicine Ball Incline Crunch40×3kg40×3kg
Lying Straight Leg Raise30×0kg30×0kg
Medicine Ball One Hand Snatch10×7kg10×10kg
Stability Push-up1512158

†: Throwing the medicine ball and catching it between crunches.
‡: First set with feet on a Bosu ball, hands on a swiss ball. Second set with feet on a swiss ball, hands on the floor. Third set with hands on a Bosu ball, flat side up. Fourth set with hands on a Bosu ball, flat side down.

I even tried some one-arm push-ups towards the end. Unfortunately, I could only do one, with my right hand. Also, after the leg raises, manoeuvring my legs to give the required stability for a one-arm push-up caused a twinge around when I have a hernia.

We finished up with some boxing, where Andy repeatedly punished me for leaving my left chest open.

Some combination of the strain 36kg dumbbells put on my grip, bashing the back of my forearm while swinging a medicine ball overhead, and boxing has left my wrists feeling rather sore. Lets hope today's boot camp doesn't require using them.

No comments: